Wednesday, November 17, 2010

This was a setback, not a failure...Confession time

So here we go, now that my introductory blog is up:

Today was interesting to say the least, I had this odd craving for sweets, and yes despite the size I am at right now sweets are an odd craving for me!!

Anyways, before I built this blog I had 2 Oh Henry bars for breakfast. yes that was fantastic, and you know; I realized that I didn't even feel good after I ate them. It was satisfying while eating them, but when I was finished I knew I was only contributing to the problem.

So I am taking a new approach on food, the classic "Will this satisfy me after and will I feel good inside about this choice?" approach. I know I have a lot of issues with food, and though working with those issues in counseling has helped, putting things in practice is better. It's going to be a bumpy road especially when I get stressed I often turn to food, and when that happens, none of those choices are even remotely healthy.Looking back on those moments I binged I always felt worse in the end, because I knew that what I was doing was unhealthy and that if I wanted to lose weight so badly these behaviors would only set me back.

Moving on, while I was running my errands for the day I felt hunger, and I am not talking my usual " I am bored" hunger, but actual hunger. And let me tell you my dear readers I have not felt this in a long time! So I went to my local Safeway and normally when I am hungry and grocery shop I make some of my most unhealthy choices, but after this morning I decided to make some better ones:

For lunch: I bought a side Ceaser Salad and a 6" veggin out sandwich.( all veggies on that sandwich and it was delicious.)

For a snack later I bought a bag of green grapes and I bought my veggie patties to have with dinner.

Well something amazing happened, I ate my salad first and took my time, then I started to eat my sandwich pacing myself, knowing if I inhale my food I will eat more then I need. Well I only could eat half the sandwich, well to some of you you might think oh well that's nothing. Well normally if I get a sub sandwich from the deli its a 12" and I will eat it in one sitting. So I feel amazing, and despite my morning I know that my lunch was good and I feel happy about myself and genuinely full!

I hope you are all having a good day, and remember; as a very wise woman once said, binges or bad choices are just set backs, you can make a new choice the very same day, and no matter how long the binge lasts you CAN get back on track, sooner is better then later of course, but its never a reason to throw in the towel on your goals!

xoxo
Mrs.Crumpet

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Blog world! You're going to do great, I promise. Just keep going, no matter what. If you'd like to see some people who really inspire you, check out the links in my sidebar for: Celery in the City (around your age), Bitchcakes in NYC, Roni's Weigh and I Want To Lose 100 Pounds (and she has!) and more. They pulled me along, truly. Blogging makes ALL the difference. I'm going to link to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, and Bitchcakes was the reason for soing this, she is such an inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete