Thursday, November 18, 2010

Positive self-talk: Homework from my therapist...

I have been seeing a therapist for the past month and a half now, her name is Kim and I adore her to bits, well she gives me "Homework" every session and I thought I would share, not just because blogging will help me actually do it, but maybe you can apply it in your own lives.

O.K here is how it works; she wants me to write 5 positive things about myself, the world and the future, and if you would like to do this exersise then you would have to do the same. Here it goes:

Five positive things about me:
1) I can make almost anybody laugh
2) I am silly.
3) I am intelligent.
4) I am determined/Stubborn. **
5) I am adventurous.

** Now the reason I chose determined/stubborn is because in most cases I am, though to be honest I have never applied such an ability to my physical health. I came to the most logical question I could ask myself: "Why haven't I?". I think if I am gonna reach my goal I need to really use this attribute of mine to a healthier advantage.

As I was going down the list the inevitable thoughts came up:
" How do you know you are this?"
"That sounds pretty concieted"

And I let those thoughts go because that's what this exercise is about, allowing ourselves to have pride and love and accept who we are. Yay I think I am getting this! O.K on to the next:

5 positive views on the world:
1) It's beautiful when the Christmas lights come out.
2) When it snows and the world looks as if its airbrushed in white.
3)I love it in cold mornings and you can smell the fireplaces.
4) sunrises, love watching the sun come up.
5) The supportive people around me that have encouraged  and inspired me to come and face my worst demon, me.

Now I am not entirely sure if this is what was meant by views, but it's how I interpreted it, feel free to of course interpret it differently if you decide to do this.

5 Positive things about the future:
1) I am going to have a healthy and fit lifestyle.
2) The future will be financially stable.
3) I will have a job I am happy in and have pride doing.
4) Living happily with my supportive and loving boyfriend.
5) Living in a happy place we call home.

Feel free as I said to try this exercise, and I will share more "homework" along the way in case there is more you'd like to try! I believe that if I am going to achieve my goal, I need to work on the inside and out!!

As always, thank you for reading!!!

xox
Mrs. Crumpet

1 comment:

  1. Great start! Being positive is always good! :) LOVE he pics of your doggie. Totally adorable!

    Also, thank you for stopping in! :D Its hard and lonely to lose weight - these blogs makes it a lot more fun and supportive!

    ReplyDelete